First Baptist Church Luther was incorporated in 1930 with thirty-four charter members. The church has grown from eighty-five members to over four hundred. The church has had a total of twenty pastors in eighty-five years.
The new church was dedicated on October 15, 1972. It was dedicated again on April 11, 1992.
The educational building and gymnasium were added in 2004.